Translate

Wednesday 21 December 2016

All-time best defender to ever grace the game of football - SMALLING

Manchester United defender, Chris Smalling, has revealed his choice for the greatest defender to have ever graced the game of football.


While speaking to the Football and Me interview for United Review, he pinpointed the career moment he would most like to revisit and recalled the first match he attended as a child:
I always liked Paolo Maldini. He has been the one. Obviously, I’ve not had the chance to watch him live but I’ve seen many of his games and clips of him in action over the years and he had a great career.

The England international went further to pick his English football's greatest ever player. He said, It’s a tough one. Going from what I can remember, it’s probably Paul Scholes because I grew up watching him and then had the opportunity to play with him. You could just see what a tremendous player he was so I’d have to opt for Paul Scholes.


Chris Smalling returned to action when he came on for the closing minutes of Manchester United's controlled 2-0 away win over West Bromwich Albion after missing 12 games due to injury.

No comments:

Post a Comment