Translate

Friday 10 February 2017

I nearly bought Liverpool - Robert Kraft

Robert Kraft, the New England Patriots has revealed in a recent interview with talkSPORT why he turned down the chance to buy Liverpool back in 2005.

The American billionaire said he held talks over a purchase deal for the premier league side before Tom Hicks and George Gillett bought the club.


"We had a chance to buy it before them [Hicks and Gillett] and I came very close to doing it, said Kraft.
“I want to win at everything I do and I think the way that people can spend money there without any limits or do things outside of the UK, it just would be hard to compete.
“I personally believe you don’t go into sport to make money. You go into sport to win.

“Teams like Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea or the Patriots, they bring a community together. If you could have seen 36 hours after we won the game on Tuesday in Boston, it was raining and snow drizzle and we had a million-and-a-half people come to the streets on short notice.

“There is nothing else that bonds things together like teams. People like myself that have the privilege of owning a franchise that is important to the community, we are stewards of trusteeship and we have to take it very seriously - and winning is the most important thing to me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment